2022-10-21, 08:30 UTC: Version 52 is now fully released on both platforms. Please update your game!
2022-10-20, 08:00 UTC: iOS rollout has started.
2022-10-17, 11:30 UTC: Android rollout has started. We hope to do the same for iOS soon.
[NEW & UPDATED CONTENT]
Nov. 3, 07:00 UTC – Nov. 7, 07:00 UTC
New Challenge Event: Mighty Pets
New Challenge Event: Mighty Pets
- Stage Property: Magical Flutes
- If matched in time, a Magical Flute Tile will summon a Happy Puppy Minion for a random Hero. A Happy Puppy Minion inherits 6% health and 6% attack from its owner.
- If not matched in time, a Magical Flute Tile will summon a Grumpy Puppy Fiend for a random Hero. A Grumpy Puppy Fiend will damage its owner with 6% attack every turn, and disappear after absorbing an amount of healing equal to 6% of the owner's max health.
- Stage Property: Nap Time!
- At the start of the turn, if any Hero has a Minion, there is a 50% chance for a random enemy to fall asleep.
- At the start of the turn, if any Hero has a Fiend, there is a 50% chance for a random Hero to fall asleep.
- Falling asleep has the following effects:
- A sleeping character cannot attack or gain mana
- All damage dealt to a sleeping character is increased by +50%
- A sleeping character wakes up once they take damage
- NOTE: Damage from Minions or Fiends do NOT wake a sleeping character
New Mighty Pets Heroes
New Mighty Pets Family
- Family Bonus for 1/2/3 Heroes:
- Minions for this Hero inherit +2%/+3%/+4% extra health
- Minions for this Hero inherit +2%/+3%/+4% extra attack
- Fiends for this Hero absorb -2%/-3%/-4% less max health
- Fiends for this Hero inherit -2%/-3%/-4% less attack
- Mighty Pets Passives
- Friend of the Familiars: When a Minion is summoned for any ally, this character gains 5% health and 5% mana. This effect can activate only once per turn.
- Wrath of Pets: When a Fiend is summoned for any enemy, this character deals 85% damage to all enemies. This effect can activate only once per turn.
Classic Family Update
Will activate once all players update to Version 52
Our much-beloved Classic (Season I) Heroes will finally be forming a Family — and on top of that, they're getting exclusive access to Superior Talents!
- Classic Family Bonus
- When 2/3/4/5 fully ascended Classic Heroes are teamed up, they get +1%/+3%/+5%/+7% Attack, Defense, and Healing
- Superior Talents (activated when a Classic Hero's final Talent Node is taken)
- Barbarian: Superior Wounds
- Cleric: Superior Manashield
- Druid: Superior Companion
- Fighter: Superior Revive
- Monk: Superior Withstand
- Paladin: Superior Protect
- Ranger: Superior Pierce
- Rogue: Superior Evade
- Sorceror: Superior Delay
- Wizard: Superior Jinx
Black Friday Summon
Nov. 23, 07:00 UTC – Nov. 28, 07:00 UTC
The Black Friday Summon is back — welcome to the biggest Summon Gate in Empires & Puzzles!
Special Black Friday Summon Bonus Chest:
- Significantly improved chance to receive useful Ethers, Emblems, high-level Ascension Items, Trainer Heroes, and Food Bundles
This year's Black Friday Summon does NOT contain:
- Classic Heroes
This year's Black Friday Summon DOES contain Heroes from:
- ALL past Challenge Events
- ALL past Heroes of the Month
- ALL past Seasonal Events
- ALL past Tower Events
- Dunes, Underwild, Valhalla, Atlantis
- Alliance Quest, Contest of Elements, Covenant of Champions, Tavern of Legends, War of the Three Kingdoms
- ...and more! (see below)
The 2022 Black Friday Summon will also introduce 3 new Heroes to the game:
New Masquerade Heroes
- Masquerade Family Bonus
- All Masquerade Heroes summon a Mask Minion for themselves at the start of a battle. Mask Minions inherit 20% health and 13% attack.
- Bonus for 2 Heroes: Owning a Mask Minion grants +10% attack. This effect cannot be dispelled.
- Bonus for 3 Heroes: Owning a Mask Minion grants +10% attack and status ailment immunity. This effect cannot be dispelled.
- Passive: Cleanse on Minion Removal
- Hero gets cleansed of status ailments when a Minion owned by them is destroyed
New Mystery Hero
- ~ [a secret Hero whose very name is an enigma] ~
- Mystery Family Bonus
- Bonus for 2/3 Heroes: +1/2 Memory Slots
- Myztero has become part of the Mystery Family
- The Mystery Family Bonus will be activated when the Black Friday Summon opens
Will become available once all players update to Version 52
- Each non-Legendary Summon you make will bring you closer to the Fated Summon
- Daily Summons and Troop Summons do NOT charge the Fated Summon
- Summons made with Epic Hero Tokens DO charge the Fated Summon
- When the bar fully charges, you get to choose a Legendary Hero from a given list of Heroes
- Please be aware that redeeming all Heroes on the list will not refresh it
- Monster Lures are coming to Valhalla Forever (Oct. 24 –) and Atlantis Rises (Nov. 14 –)
- The amount of Orichalcum Seadragons that can be encountered during Atlantis Rises will receive an adjustment when the Monster Lure arrives
- No adjustment planned for this month’s Atlantis Rises (Oct. 17, 07:00 UTC – Oct. 19, 07:00 UTC)
Contest of Elements
- [NEW] Bonus Trainer Heroes
- Making 5 Super Elemental Summons now grants you 2 Bonus Trainer Hero Draws
- Bonus Trainer Heroes may be of Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Epic rarity
- Added a new icon for "Barbarian" Bleed (the Bleed inflicted by the Barbarian Talent)
- Barbarian Bleed will remain distinct from "regular" Bleed; the two Bleeds can be active in concurrence and will not override, refresh, or interact with each other
- As before, when Barbarian Bleed is re-applied on a target that already has it, remaining damage from the previous Barbarian Bleed will be carried over and added to the new Barbarian Bleed as additional damage
- The "stacking" type of non-Barbarian Bleed has been removed from the game
- Heroes such as Rokkamush and Tyr now also inflict "regular" Bleed
- Rokkamush's Bleed damage: 180 → 192 (max level; not Limit Broken; no Emblems)
- Tyr's Bleed damage: 200 → 212 (max level; not Limit Broken; no Emblems)
- As in the case of other damage-over-time ailments like Burn and Poison, "regular" Bleeds will always simply override each other
- Flat damage values attached to Bleed will now properly scale with the Hero's attack stat
- Affected Heroes include Gnomer, Malin, Tahir
- NOTE: We are aware that these Heroes’ Bleed damage values may appear to have been nerfed when only the before/after numbers on their Hero cards are compared. However, please remember that Heroes receive a significant attack stat boost from their equipped Troop during battles! We consider this adjustment to be a buff overall; in most, if not all, practical use cases, these Heroes now deal more Bleed damage than before.
- Adjusted the difficulty of Covenant Quest stages
- Stages will now feel more like PvP Raid Battles
- Lowered the difficulty for The Masquerade Quest from stage 8 onwards
- Lowered the mana speed of the Season V Alpha Apis boss enemy and adjusted the difficulty of the Hard Mode stages the boss appears in
[IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES]
New anti-cheat measures
- Added detection and prevention systems in response to a cheat involving Battle Item use
- Keeping the game fair for our whole community is extremely important to us. Attempting to further abuse this cheat will be considered a serious Terms of Service violation. Please do not jeopardize your account by cheating.
- Battle Info text for element change status effects edited for clarity
- Certain section title in Battle Info panel edited for clarity
- Now clearly states that the effects listed come from other characters' Passives
- Description text for Hawthorn's Special Skill edited for clarity
- Description text for Winifred's Passive edited for clarity
- Items now list in greater detail where they may be obtained
- Raid Tournament Rules are now also displayed in the Edit Team view
- Status ailment cast by Nemesis now uses a new icon that better reflects its effects
- Updated description text for where Food Bundles and Iron Bundles can be obtained
- War Rules are now also displayed in the Ready to Battle view
- Adjusted the coordinates of a Quest so it does not collide with others on the Quest Map
- Akkorog's Special Skill animation no longer behaves oddly when Akkorog is Blinded
- Art revised for Hawkmoon (both original and Costume)
- Black Knight (Costume) now uses the correct attack buff icon
- "Boss wave" sound effect no longer missing from certain event stages
- Common and Uncommon Heroes that are part of an active Raid Tournament Defense Team can no longer be consumed for training
- Covenant Quest boss enemy Costume Skadi now correctly uses Iceberg Havoc (not Crush)
- Dark Elemental Barriers no longer reflect status ailments if they are inflicted via Contagion (such as Rayne's spreading Poison)
- Description text for certain Path of Valor Daily Challenges edited for accuracy
- Heroes no longer retain counterattack until the end of the turn when their Shu Minions are stolen by Gefjon
- Heroes on Defense Teams now properly display as Chameleons when revived by Muggy
- Level Up view no longer displays incorrect stats for Limit Broken and Emblemed Heroes
- Nightshade's name in our Norwegian and Russian localizations has been corrected
- Noor's Passive now properly triggers even when the rightmost enemy on a Defense Team resists a Minion summon
- Note: said Minion summon still must have created at least 1 Minion for another Hero
- Odd spacings removed from the Japanese text for certain Special Skill descriptions
- Opponent account name placement adjusted for iPhone 14 Pro devices
- Stage Property: Divine Smite no longer incorrectly sends enemies into Ghost form
- The "+% healing" Tower of Styx Blessing now works correctly
- The "Heroes with less than % mana gain  HP" Tower of Styx Blessing now works correctly
- Text now correctly states that it activates once every 5 turns (instead of every turn)
- The Moon Family Passive that dispels can no longer incorrectly bypass buff dispel immunity
- Tower of Styx boss enemy Amphitrite now has correct % values in their Special Skill